Monday, May 11, 2009

My trip to Burma 2006,First part






After we took-off from Vietnam( Hanoi airport) we planed to go back to laos and stay there for a couple of more days in order to get our visa and our flight to Burma via Thailand and to China ( Shenzhen).



As we arrived to Burma the capital (RANGOON)I noticed something very clear.In most of my trips in China and some other East Asia I realized so many back packers ,but in fact non were in Burma.
A lot of my friends when heard that I am planing for Burma asked me ,why?


This was my hostel in Burma,pretty nice and cozy






In fact I wanted to touch and feel the real atmosphere from inside and see people's life there and more over some beautiful ,exotic places which is unknown to a lot of people ,wanted to discover.
In Burma government completely dominated the rules and control severely the nation.


This is colonial flag in Burma.



I mean control pretty harsh ,as we were tourist and we were been controlled every single time which wanted to connect to Internet.Connecting to satellite or net is under sever observation and locals have no access under some special circumstances to outsides.


Still this country is under military control and observation,in economic,politics and poverty has dominated in most areas.The slow grow economy mostly depend on other neighbouring countries and effected by agriculture and tourists.



If you would like to travel there you might consider using Malaria and cholera injection and anti prevention drugs especially in remote areas and countryside.
i did enjoy being there and local food was really great.

the majority of people there are mixed Indian ,Bengal people and hardly you can find Chinese .
British people
subdue Burma in 8124 and before than that Mongols were ruling there for a short time.They had few centuries of Kingdom there and some nice palaces half destroyed left.


There are few cities worth visiting as i can say beside the capital ,Mandalay and Began.




In fact Mandalay has it own great natural and untouched beauty .It still has kept the Births foundation,features in building structure and city atmosphere.The climate in Mandalay is mild and in Summer Balmy.that city used to be used as summer resort for British army and their families.

I f you go to the top of the hill there is a magnificent Buddha Temple landing there and viewing the city.you can enjoy using wagons and rickshaw which is very common as much as you can see taxis and cars around.Mostly very rich people there can afford buying a car.the style of houses there are mostly bungalows and semi-detached.
There are plenty of craft shops,antique and souvenirs' ones.






There was a maginficent unbelievable ,huge botanical garden in Urban part of Mandalay which cost of 10 dollars for ticket and for locals there almost impossible to get in ,cause not durable.


But as I can say it took us the whole day to walk around ,ups and down and beautiful lake which I took photos ,but seems like a post card and you could see more than a 100 types of flowers and rare black swans
,unique wooden cafe fronting a nice swimming pool.

1 comment:

Bella said...

Thanks for your comments and reading my blog I will add you to my blog and will read your blog for sure.I have had a galnce on your photos are pretty and gorgeous.