Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Third trip to Beijing,first part

My trip to Beijing., first part
Sunday I had a flight to Beijing because I had to go to the Dutch embassy to deliver the documents for tourist visa in person. They don’t accept it online.

Anyway the last time I visited Beijing was four years ago. In fact I don’t like big cities and capitals sue to traffic and pollution and price of everything is at least double or even more. But I should confess Beijing has changed so much during these few years ,especially because of Olympic 2008 They have made a lot of effort for the environment there.

They have opened the third terminal in Beijing which from the last Underground station you can reach to the airport by shuttle bus in 40 minutes and takes you to international and domestic airport station.

I was so impressed by fast underground the speed was over 100 km per hours in fact and so clean ,organized and punctual. All the way to the airport was green .
I had heard before ,since 2007 they were working to plant more flowers and trees there ,but surprisingly there were a frost park which was old enough.
.
Even in down town there was a line which took you directly to the Olympics stadium and different playground and courts there.

My trip started really great and in 1.30 minute I was there and precisely I could get the shuttle bus to the down town and luckily my Chinese good enough to communicate especially with Beijing people. I realized how different they speak there compare to other cities which I am living and used to live.

Four years ago I could speak mandarin or even could catch any words, hardly ever could understood them, but now was kind of pride for me. Any how I really loved the hostel and I have attached the picture on Face book as I can’t upload them here anymore, sadly.
I had a couple of bad accident which made my trip from a lovely one to a night mare ,somehow. First of all I received a spam on my mobile the way to airport that they claimed I used my credit card and owe bank12800 RMB which is a big amount. that freak me out .I had to ask Wijbren follow the case and found out it was spam and no need to show any reaction.
The second bad News was on Monday in Embassy. In fact it took me 2 hours my metro to reach to embassy and then I had an appointment but it took another hour to get in for interview .I delivered the documents and they told me due to my nationality they can’t give me any answer or any promise and I have to wait at least for another 2 weeks, which is sucks. But the problem was I couldn’t give my passport to them. I was thinking and tempting leave my pass there and then change my flight to train and back home, but was risky and wasted of money. So I have to wait 2 weeks and even if they call me I must have second trip to go there and stuck there for at least 5 days ,because officially visa process takes 3 days in fact.
I love to be there with Wijbren ,because he hasn’t seen Beijing at all and we want to take tour around and go to Great Wall ,but not alone. I am hoping he can manage his last week classes somehow and come with me in case of having phone call.

No comments: