Thursday, September 10, 2009

The first day of work( teacher’s day)

I had my first day of teaching and back to work today and it was exactly adjust on Teacher’s day.
Well I don’t know how much in Europe take care of this day, possibly not too much ,but in Asia and middle East ,we respect teachers in different levels by buying flowers, greeting cards, saying nice words shows appreciation, being more polite and nice in classrooms or other ways.
Students were so excited specially men to see a female teacher.
As my teaching style goes in this way that for the first session they should ask me questions and I check their level and grammar and so on, therefore some were shrewd enough to ask about my age and my marital status and my mobile number, that was funny though.
I came up with some hints to tell them what kind of questions socially accepted in West and polite and what separated as being informal and bit rude and not convenience to ask someone you meet for first time…

Anyhow I had great day back to work. it was hard starting the day to wake up earlier while Wijb had time in bed and I had to work and after 3 months off from work.
Anyhow my Ms engineering students were so nice and eager to learn I had 4 hours sweet teaching and feel adjust for next week teaching.

No comments: