Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thursday November 26, 2009:

Thursday November 26, 2009:

Today is the last Thursday of November which Means ‘Thanks giving tradition” for Americans.
Why I am mentioning it, is not just because I am fan of this occasion or..!
It is just due to my great experience of this day this year at Xian University.

In brief, I must confess I am lucky this term as last term to have a very understanding and mature students which hardly happen here or even other countries.

I presumably can say in China respect teacher, professors deeply, but when it comes to foreigners is a bit combine with joy and fun and feel a bit much more than expected freedom. No complain when I used to teach as EF school couple of times even kids gave me gifts for “Teachers’ day” and so on, but my adults tries to me very political and say happy blabla bla...
Anyhow I never minded and would receive a card made me happy in matter of at least they appreciate. I remember sometimes my colleagues were pissed off!

But here today owing to an American tradition, which is not related to us as foreigners and all my students know that very well, but by all means they gave me a very warm, nice surprise, a big bunch of flowers, with a nice post card with nicely written in it; moreover, a very beautiful Tibetan or Indian style necklace and bracelet and a great decoration on the black board, which was more than my expectation from them.

The point is I feel here, last term and in this term particularly being wanted so much and others show and express their responsibilities.

No comments: