Saturday, August 21, 2010

August 20, 2010


Experience of visiting a remote village, where you are simply not welcomed:

There are a lot of villages which are located in a remote areas totally isolated from cities. A lot of tourist assume that visiting villages specially he ones which are pure, is a great unmemorable experience, but in fact we shouldn’t be that much sure about it.

Honestly, I did love and went to so many villages in Europe and in China, Nepal and some other East Asian countries; it was not spectacular in some ways, but in my point of view, I did enjoy staying here and there shortly; as if to discover a bit more about their life style. To me I had never had chances to be close to nature by all means, living there permanently.
Anyhow, back to the story as I was saying, this village was located in South vest of China, somewhere that women traditionally never cut their hair. My first impression from there was great though, lovely nature so green and stream around and bamboos anywhere and everywhere, but the story didn’t end like this; when I was cycling through small path leading me towards wood, after a while I lost my way and tried to ask for help, people were hopelessly cold and indifferent and when I got into the stream and wanted to getting the boat to go to another path on the other side, I felt I am alone and they are interested in helping. Their dark look and peering at you and glaring is express of not happy to see a  stranger around.
Anyhow somehow I sorted out by cycling back and get the last crappy bus to get out of that place, because if it would have stayed at night, I am sure I couldn’t easily find a bed to sleep in or they would have ripped me off.

No comments: