Thursday, September 17, 2009

Showery, rainy days and my students:






Showery, rainy days and my students:

Today I have had officially my second week of teaching.

I really felt good about it. I am kind of used to teaching here and the ambience of university is quite nice and impressive to me.
My students are majorities engineering students, but today I had some art ones. They are studying landscape design.
The matter of fact is, students’ progress has been less spectacular but equally impressive.

A lot of art students don’t pay attention that much to the languages, I do know the reason they talk with their brushes and their art. They are proud of their ability to create things and that make them to be one step behind other ordinary classmates in other majors.
I do explain to them as an artist and English teacher, how much theses 2 are connected, helping each other to make connection to the society which we live in.
I do understand them part of teaching pass with my Chinese and translate them into English, which impressed the students and as a result get them to work.

My teaching method is use the students to be each other’s teacher and I monitor them and give them score (this is just for fun) but they learn better, cause they need to concentrate and it build their self confidence and I tell them the point and reason in the end so therefore, they all felt positive at the end of the first week. Personally, I am so happy of my try and creation things in classes.

Most of them are so impressed with my English, not just want to boost me up and flattering things, but I tell them even with wrong education system they are able to build up their languages skills and what they basically need to do.

I assume got the teaching’s instinct from my parents, could be gene in my body. Anyhow today I had my new colleagues around and they were asking me to give some suggestion for their study, in mater of how to handle it in a better way.


No comments: