Tuesday, January 26, 2010

December 28

This week is officially my last week of work and the following week will be the exam session.
In fact, as far as I am concern during these few years examination is a gigantic task, which is overwhelming the students’ life and shrink it sometimes in the way them beat them like death appear.

Frankly, I remember the time that I was in high school was pretty nasty too.

In Iran education system at school are pretty tough but totally different from Chinese system. Our terms are divided by 3 per year and we didn’t have winter holiday just a week broken and so on.

Nowadays for new generation might have been some changes, but the point is we had quizzes and mini tests which made us ready for big, giant exam at the end of first 3 months.


Additionally, I still have some times night mare from exam time at high schools.
Anyhow my university time was pretty mature and mellow.

No offence, I loved art and we had so many work shops every single day of week for hours and a lot project and tasks and basically exam didn’t have any sense so far like China in fact.

I could say part of it was just, maybe we studied art.

Today as I acted somehow like Chinese teachers for part of my exam session gave students a project to do in groups, they were still retired how to do it, even after a term making them ready of team working and being creative.

So, I gave them examples then farther explained it over 3 times for God sake! and 2 other parts I mentioned that I will come up with random questions and some problem solving cases .
Students were insisting and panicking what those questions are supposed to be! I told them if I give you the question and you memorized there is no point of having test.

Moreover, I told them “: see! All you need is to practice your self confidence and all I need is using grammar and vocabulary we talked about as much as possible properly. So don’t worry if you have been active enough.”


My point of view is how much exams and a monster of exam’s class make them fragile and swinging forward and backward.

No comments: